James is a corporate and commercial lawyer in the Auckland office of Webb Henderson.
Read James's bio
James is a corporate and commercial lawyer in the Auckland office of Webb Henderson. His focus is on corporate and projects matters.
James’ experience includes advising:
- SkyCity on its New Zealand International Convention Centre and Horizon Hotel precinct (>$700m) including its arrangements with the Crown and with Fletcher Construction as the contractor.
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. on the New Zealand component of its AU$1.01 billion acquisition of Wesfarmers’ global insurance broking and premium funding businesses.
- Stevenson Group on the construction of Drury South Crossing, an $800m, 361-hectare, master-planned mixed-use precinct.
- Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles on its successful, successive $640m and $133m bids to supply and maintain electric trains to Auckland Transport.
- IAG New Zealand on the New Zealand component of Insurance Australia Group’s purchase of Wesfarmers’ underwriting businesses for AU$1.845 billion.
- Ironbridge Capital and management shareholders on the $501m disposal of Enviro Waste Services Limited to Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited.
- IAG New Zealand on its $380m acquisition of AMI Insurance Limited, excluding AMI’s liabilities relating to the Canterbury earthquakes.
James was first admitted to practice in 2013. He is admitted to practice in New Zealand.