Webb Henderson is an international legal practice with offices in Sydney, Auckland and Singapore. We are committed to protecting your privacy in all communications, engagements and activities and all other aspects of our relationship with you.
- what information we may collect about you
- how we may use and disclose that information
- how to contact us to make an enquiry about your information
What information do we collect?
We may collect information about you in a number of circumstances, including:
- when you seek legal advice from us
- when you make an enquiry to us, including through our website
- when you attend a seminar, training presentation or other event provided by us
- when you sign up to receive information from us, such as email updates
- when you apply for employment with, or to provide services to, us.
This information may include your name, postal address, email address, social media contact details, telephone number, job title (and related information) and other information regarding your preferences. If you are seeking employment with us, we may also collect employment related information, such as information about your education and training, previous employment history, references, health information and whether you have a criminal record.
If you do not provide information requested by us from time to time, we may not be able to provide services to you or otherwise fulfil the purpose for which we have requested the information.
Generally, we will only collect personal information directly from you. However, in some cases, we may also collect information from a third party source, such as the organisation for which you work or other organisations with which you have dealings, or from publicly available information.
In addition, we collect information through our website using cookies and similar technologies as described in our Cookies Policy.
How we use and disclose information
We, our agents, consultants and contractors, may use your information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide you with legal or regulatory services, and related services, such as access to online data rooms, corporate intranets, etc.
- to send you publications and newsletters, and information about seminars and events which may interest you or which relates to your interests
- to improve our services and communications to you
- to maintain and develop our relationship with you
- to send you invoices or payment reminder notices
- to conduct employment related activities where you are seeking employment with us
- to exercise rights and fulfil obligations under a contract between us
- for any other purpose for which information was provided to us or for any purpose related or ancillary to any of the above.
We may disclose your personal information to other Webb Henderson offices on a confidential basis for the purpose of providing our services and related activities. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- if you are a client of our firm, or you are employed by, contracted by or an agent of a client of our firm, to barristers or experts involved in your matter, or other law firms with whom we partner to provide you with legal services
- to our agents, consultants and contractors who assist us in running our business or provide related services, and who are subject to security and confidentiality obligations
- where you have consented to a disclosure to a third party
- if the law allow or requires us to do so.
Information about other people which you provide to us
We will take appropriate measures to keep your information confidential and secure in accordance with our procedures covering the storage, access and disclosure of information.
Transferring information across jurisdictions
We may transfer personal information and data between countries for the purposes described above in accordance with applicable privacy laws relating to the transfer of that personal information and data to foreign countries. In all cases, we will ensure a level of privacy protection for all personal information and data that meets the applicable requirements of both the European Union and Australia, even if a lower standard may be applicable under another applicable privacy law.
You may request a record of the personal information we hold about you, or ask us to update or correct inaccurate personal information. If any of the information you have provided us changes, please let us know. To do so, please email [email protected].
If you wish to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please submit your complaint in writing to the Privacy and Data Protection Officer using our contact details below. We will endeavour to handle your complaint as soon as possible and in any event within a reasonable time frame.
How to contact us