Home / Specialist dispute resolution services
Specialist dispute resolution services
We assist with conflicts, separate and independent representation, local representation and specialist advice
We operate wholly independently, domestically and internationally, and are ready to assist law firms that require assistance in our operating jurisdictions with any potential conflicts of interest or where there is a need to refer clients to independent advisers.
If you refer a client to us arising from a commercial or ethical conflict, we will provide highly competent, practical and commercial representation and advice. If we work with one of your clients on a conflict referral, we will respect your client relationship during and after the completion of the matter. We are content to enter into direct client engagements or agency arrangements depending on the particular circumstances. We are experienced and adaptable and know how to deal with senior executives and business-people who may be in unfamiliar territory when working with a new law firm. We can also work with you to provide specialist advice on discrete parts or particular aspects of matters or issues and regularly work as co-counsel with other specialist firms and even large full service firms who may have a need for a particular skill.
Some examples include:
- Providing independent advice and representation to boards and directors
- Handling litigation, including preparing pleadings and advocacy
- Advising in competition and consumer law matters and in representative actions
- Assistance in dealing with opt-outs in class action matters and in providing independent advice where potential for conflicts of interest may arise
- Responding to s155 Notices issued by the ACCC including advising and representing individuals
- Acting and advising in relation to ASIC enforcement matters
- Assistance in executing search and seizure orders as independent lawyers
- Assistance in dealing with regulatory investigations (including immunity and leniency applications), ACCC prosecutions, ICAC reviews, ASIC investigations and similar, including acting for individuals.
We have worked with many Australian, New Zealand, UK, Asian, Middle Eastern, North American and European law firms of different types and sizes on a broad range of matters. The lawyers who have worked with us are happy to provide references attesting to their experience.