Home / Competition & Consumer
Competition & Consumer
We provide specialist advice and representation on all aspects of competition and consumer protection.
We advise on cartel conduct, concerted practices, misuse of market power, exclusive dealing, mergers, misleading or deceptive conduct, unconscionable conduct, consumer guarantees and warranties, unfair contract terms, franchising, advertising, product liability and recalls, packaging and labelling.
We also specialise in economic regulation, with particular expertise in the National Access Regime in Australia (Part IIIA), energy regulation in Australia and New Zealand, telecommunications regulation in Australia, New Zealand and internationally, and regulatory design.
Our services include:
- Advising on all aspects of competition law, consumer protection and regulation
- Merger clearance and authorisation advice and assistance
- Regulatory investigations and other dealings with regulators, including applications for immunity and leniency
- Competition, consumer protection and regulatory litigation, including regulatory enforcement action, criminal prosecution and private disputes
- Applications for declaration and revocation, access undertakings, price reviews, and access and price determinations
- Reviews of and appeals from regulatory decisions.
We have strong working relationships with key regulators and leading economic consultancies, and regularly act for regulators and private clients across all sectors. We have particularly experience and expertise in telecommunications, media, technology, energy, transport, ports and other infrastructure, financial services, consumer goods, health and leisure.