Henry is a partner specialising in corporate law with expertise in mergers & acquisitions, capital markets and restructuring.
Henry has worked in both New Zealand and London and focuses on acquisitions and disposals, restructuring and insolvency, securities offerings, takeovers, joint ventures, corporate governance, limited partnerships, and commercial contracts.
Henry has advised a variety of entities in relation to New Zealand capital raising initiatives including IPOs, private placements, dividend reinvestment plans, and share purchase plans. He has acted for overseas entities in relation to New Zealand securities law compliance and has advised on a range of employee share schemes. Henry has also advised a number of listed entities concerning their corporate compliance including NZX Listing Rule matters, the Financial Markets Conduct Act, and associated reporting and disclosure requirements.
Henry’s practice extends to a broad range of industries and business areas, with a recent focus in the information technology and media sectors, as well as key infrastructure entities.
Henry’s experience includes advising:
- Stevenson Group on the agreed sale of its construction materials business to Fulton Hogan.
- Genesis Energy on its acquisition of Nova Energy’s LPG business for $192 million.
- on over $2 billion of securities offers into New Zealand by Australian entities, the majority of which are IPOs of ASX listed investment companies.
- Magsons Hardware on the sale of its Botany and Henderson Mitre 10 Mega franchise businesses.
- the owners of the Cryer Malt business on the sale of that business to Barret Burston.
- Pacific Equity Partners and Patties Foods on the acquisition of convenience foods business Leader Foods.
- Stevenson Mining, the operator of certain Solid Energy mines, in relation to Solid Energy’s administration and sale process in 2016.
- ensuring legislative amendments were made to allow Australian listed investment companies to offer securities into New Zealand pursuant to the mutual recognition regime
- Hellaby Holdings on the sale of its AB Equipment business to Maui Capital for in excess of $80 million.
- Stevenson Group on the sale of its Engineering business to IMG Engineering).
- IAG New Zealand on the divestment of its insurance brokerage business Runacres and Associates.
- Hellaby Holdings on its acquisition of TBS Group for $51 million.
- Mercury (formerly Mighty River Power) on the acquisition of start-up solar energy installation business What Power Crisis.
- Yoogo on the establishment of its electronic car sharing business.
- Hellaby Holdings on its acquisition of Australian auto businesses JAS Oceania and Premier Auto Trade.
- The shareholders of Salvere Health on its establishment, and the initial acquisitions completed by Salvere Health.
Before joining Webb Henderson, Henry was a senior solicitor at a leading New Zealand and London firm.