Graeme is an experienced corporate partner. He is known for his strong technical ability, strategic advice, and his record of successfully delivering often complex transactions for key clients.
Read Graeme's bio
Graeme’s expertise encompasses mergers, acquisitions and investment, corporate governance, joint ventures, private equity, and contractual arrangements.
He is ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global and Chambers Asia Pacific, Legal 500, Asia Law Leading Lawyers and Best Lawyers. He is the recipient of a number of awards including ALB Dealmaker of the Year and ILO New Zealand Corporate Lawyer of the Year.
He is the author of the Chambers Global Guide – Corporate Governance 2019 (New Zealand).
Before joining Webb Henderson, Graeme was a senior partner in a leading New Zealand firm.
See recent experience
Graeme’s recent projects have included the following:
- corporate advice, acquisitions, and strategic contracts for a major New Zealand corporate
- re-organising a key investment (value in excess of $1 billion) for a large investment institution
- acquisition projects, shareholder arrangements and regulatory advice for insurance clients
- acquisitions and divestments for Australian and Asian private equity investors
- corporate governance projects for financial institutions having regard to the recent developments in this area (including the APRA report into CBA)
- advising in relation to strategic capital raising options for a listed client
- advising in relation to takeovers and schemes, acquisitions and divestments, and joint ventures for clients in the health, tourism, and food and beverage sectors
- advising in relation to a range of issues in the energy sector including acquisitions, regulatory changes, offtake arrangements, and key contracts.