Ritam is a commercial TMT lawyer based in the Sydney office of Webb Henderson.
Ritam has worked extensively in advising on the legal aspects of some of the most transformative and challenging projects across the telecommunications, media and technology sectors, including in highly regulated environments in both an external and in-house capacity, and in connection with business critical and strategic projects across the Asia-Pacific region.
Some of Ritam’s other recent experience includes:
- advising nbn on various commercial and regulatory issues, including on pricing and discounting strategy, structuring new product launches, regulatory engagement, and the development of standard agreements such as its wholesale supply agreement for broadband
- advising Spark, a leading New Zealand telecommunications and content provider, in relation to its landmark bid on a range of digital and traditional broadcasting and other media rights to the Rugby World Cup 2019
- acting for Dense Air Australia on its acquisition of spectrum in the ACMA’s high-profile 3.6GHz (5G) spectrum auction
- acting for a leading Australian online retailer in relation to its merchant agreement trialling the delivery of products to customers using drone technology
- advising CLP Group, the parent company of Energy Australia, in relation to its landmark Smart Energy Programme and associated smart energy platform
- acting for a leading Australian payment solution provider on cloud services, software licensing and telecommunications services contracts, including negotiations with the four major Australian banks
Ritam is a co-author of the Australian chapter of Getting the Deal Through – Telecoms and Media 2017 and Virtual Currency Regulation Law Review 2018. In 2016, Ritam was recognised as a “Rising Star” in Telecommunications, Media and Technology by Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession.