Raymond is a commercial and regulatory lawyer with a particular focus on the telecommunications, media and technology (TMT) sectors.
Since joining Webb Henderson in 2011, he has assisted some of the largest clients in this sector across Australia, the Asia-Pacific and the Middle East, including NBN Co, SingTel, Ooredoo Qatar, Indosat Ooredoo, du, Chorus, Spark, Level 3 Communications, Axiata Group and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission.
Beyond the TMT sector, Raymond also has experience in competition law and dispute resolution.
Notable transactions Raymond has worked on recently include:
- assisting a major Indonesian telecoms operator on the outsourcing of its power assets, including extensive participation in the drafting and negotiation of key agreements;
- assisting nbn with its variation to its Special Access Undertaking, which sets out the key terms for wholesale access to Australia’s National Broadband Network;
- assisting du, a leading telecoms operator in the UAE, on the development of its public-private partnership agreement with the Smart Dubai Office for the implementation of a Smart City Platform for the city of the Dubai;
- advising Ooredoo Qatar, the country’s leading telecoms provider, on a wide range of regulatory issues relating to the wholesale access obligations that apply to Ooredoo’s fibre broadband network;
- advising Level 3 Communications, a US-based Tier 1 ISP, on a range of regulatory issues relating to its Asia-Pacific operations; and
- assisting SingTel with submissions relating to the regulatory framework for Singapore’s Next-Generation National Broadband Network (NGNBN).
Raymond holds a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours from the University of New South Wales, where he was ranked second overall in his graduating cohort. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Politics and International Relations and a Bachelor of Civil Law (LLM equivalent) with Distinction from the University of Oxford.