James is a senior solicitor specialising in commercial and projects matters.
James has advised a variety of both domestic and international clients, ranging from listed entities and multinationals to government departments.
James’ experience includes advising:
- SKYCITY Entertainment Group Limited in relation to the design, build and operation of the $402m New Zealand International Convention Centre;
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. on the New Zealand component of its AU$1.01 billion acquisition of Wesfarmers’ global insurance broking and premium funding businesses;
- Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles on its successful $133m bid to supply and maintain 15 new additional electric trains to Auckland Transport;
- IAG New Zealand on the New Zealand component of Insurance Australia Group’s purchase of Wesfarmers’ underwriting businesses for AU$1.845 billion;
- Stevenson Group on the sale of its construction materials business to Fulton Hogan;
- Ironbridge Capital and management shareholders on the $501m disposal of Enviro Waste Services Limited to Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited;
- the directors of the MediaWorks and the G R Media group on the group’s proposed restructuring arrangements with its senior lenders; and
- IAG New Zealand Limited on its $380m acquisition of AMI Insurance Limited, excluding AMI’s liabilities relating to the Canterbury earthquakes.
- Vector in relation to its use of systems agreements relating to gas and electricity distribution and embedded networks.