Ashton is a senior solicitor specialising in corporate and commercial law.
Ashton has experience advising on complex transactions and regulatory matters for both New Zealand and overseas clients including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance matters and commercial contracts.
Ashton’s experience includes advising:
- Douglas Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of Practicare and joint venture with Arrow Pharmaceuticals;
- Provident Insurance on its acquisition of the Co-op Insurance NZ business;
- Vicon Motion Systems / Oxford Metrics on its acquisition of IMeasureU Limited, an early-stage technology business;
- Primavera Capital Group and Shanghai Pharma on their A$310m consortium acquisition (via a scheme of arrangement) of Vitaco Holdings, owner of the Healtheries business;
- Genesis Energy Limited on its $192m acquisition of the retail LPG business of Nova Energy including complex transitional services arrangements.
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited on the transition of the Fonterra Shareholders’ Fund to the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 regulatory regime;
- Genesis Energy Limited on its $168m acquisition of a further 15% interest in the Kupe oil and gas field and related joint venture from New Zealand Oil & Gas; and
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited on its investment in Beingmate Baby & Child Food Co and subsequent joint venture with Beingmate relating to the Darnum Paediatric nutritionals plant;
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited on its corporate governance matters including constitutional changes relating to its Director election processes;
- Pacific Equity Partners on PEP Fund V’s acquisition of Academic Colleges Group;
- Jacobs Douwe Egberts on its acquisition of BrewGroup Limited (formerly the Bell Tea & Coffee Company); and
Before joining Webb Henderson, Ashton was a solicitor in the corporate team of a leading New Zealand firm.